Wednesday, March 31, 2010

slow like a turtle

I'm not sure I will ever get used to this slow pace, but oh well, guess I'm in no hurry and it gives me time to think and rethink. (which is kinda a problem sometimes)


first the exciting part of this post

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


now, the ceramics.

So the last batch of test work that I wasn't excited about, still not excited about. I liked the imagery, but the feel/coloring not up to par or the feeling I want to get from them. They were kinda sterile for my taste.

I don't want to mess around with glazes since I feel weird about keeping so many dry chemicals in the garage with Hunter around plus.. I HAVE NO TIME to test glazes... unless I want to take a month to make 4 glazes. lol. Making a simple clear was disaster enough.

so now I am trying this.. mixing in mason stains to slip, simple enough. I'm not one for test tiles anymore (bad monica bad) so I just started to experiment on some bowls and tumblers.

SO i've got some light pink slip on the bottom and then blue over the top and then another blue on different spots. More painterly I suppose... and I have no idea what it's going to look like. awesome.

Photobucket

Next I will carve into the slip and add some fun commercial underglaze. I love this dark brown clay. The feet just look so yummy unglazed.

anyway.. wish me luck! This could be pretty neat or a big fat disaster.

No comments: